How to lease a semi-truck from SFI
There to help every step of the way
Regardless if you are a new owner-operator making the transition from company driver or looking to upgrade your current trucking business, leasing a semi-truck from SFI Trucks and Financing is stress-free. See below for the easy step-by-step process of how to lease a semi-truck from SFI, starting with filling out a quick and easy credit application.
Step 1: Fill out an application.
Submitting an SFI credit application is quick and easy. If you have questions prior to starting your application, talk to one of our Account Administrators via Live Chat or give us a call at 1-800-521-5859.
Don’t worry about your credit score; we can usually find a way to get you into your dream truck whether you have good or bad credit.
Step 2: Connect with an Account Administrator.
An SFI Account Administrator will be in touch soon after applying. They will walk through your application, discuss how to lease a semi-truck from SFI and talk about what your business goals are.
Step 3: Create a business plan.
Before signing the truck lease, your Account Administrator can help you create a business plan, which typically includes:
- Your revenue goal each week.
- Predicted fuel costs.
- Routine and preventative maintenance expenses.
- Other variable business costs (i.e. tools, technology, etc.).
- Licenses, permits, tolls, scales.
- Insurance (physical damage, bobtail, work comp/occ acc, medical, etc.).
- Personal obligations and bills.
At this point, you will also need to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) in order to run your business. Click for resources on how to apply.
Step 4: Find your dream truck.
Our inventory of over 300 new and gently-used trucks has a huge variety of makes and models, including 2021 units, so you can find the perfect fit for your business.
Step 5: Establish your trucking business.
Lease a semi-truck from SFI and lease-on with Schneider or your preferred carrier – choose the carrier that will give your business the most opportunity for success! Your SFI Account Administrator will continually support you throughout the duration of the lease by:
- Facilitating coaching opportunities.
- Assisting with maintenance support.
- Exploring flexible payment options.
Your options at the end of a truck lease
- Pay the lump sum, called a residual value, and own the truck.
- Refinance the truck to extend the lease and continue operating that same truck.
- Turn the truck in and upgrade to a new one.
The process of leasing a semi-truck through SFI is stress-free, thanks to the support and resources your Account Administrator can provide. Take the next step by checking out our vast inventory of truck options and filling out an application