How it works
Here to help with every mile
While we average more than 110 new clients each month, we know every owner-operator has their own individual goals when it comes to leasing a semi-truck. SFI will assist you in reaching those goals every step of the way.
Step 1: Fill out an application
We offer low-to-no money-down options to fit almost any credit situation and a wide range of lease durations, in addition to upgrade and payoff options. All you need to do to get started is fill out our SFI credit application, and if you have any questions, talk to one of our Account Administrators via Live Chat or give us a call at 800-521-5859.
Step 2: Connect with an Account Administrator
An Account Administrator will be there for you throughout the entire process – from application to picking up the keys to renewing or completing the lease. You’ll communicate on a first-name basis because Account Administrators have vested interest in your business success. They’ll assist through:
- Explaining payment options
- Facilitating coaching opportunities
- Assisting with maintenance support
- Benchmarking fuel efficiency and revenue
Step 3: Create a profit plan
Before you get started, we’ll encourage you to do research and figure out what you’ll need to do to hit your goals. Here are factors to consider:
- Revenue per week
- Fuel cost where you run
- Routine and preventative maintenance
- Other variable business costs (i.e. tools, technology)
- Licenses, permits, tolls, scales
- Insurance (physical damage, bobtail, work comp/occ acc, medical, etc.)
- Personal obligations and bills
You’ll also need to apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) in order to run your business. Directions on how to apply for an EIN.
Step 4: Find a truck
Check out what we have available in our inventory. We’ll help you find a truck that fits your business needs.
Your options at the end of a truck lease
- Pay the lump sum, called a residual value, and own the truck.
- Refinance the truck to extend the lease and continue operating that same truck.
- Turn the truck in and upgrade to a new one.
Hear from one of our clients
“The problem with many traditional lease purchase programs is that the company owns the truck and controls the driver. SFI is an individual entity and provides an opportunity for drivers to become owner operators with a fair and equitable program. I’m pleased to be a returning customer and look forward to working with SFI in the future.” -James Baroni Jr