SFI Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the requirements to lease a truck from SFI?
- A. We require clients to have at least six months of over-the-road Class A truck driving experience before they lease a truck from us.
- Q. What disqualifies me from leasing a truck?
- A. In order to lease a truck from SFI, a client cannot be involved in any sort of legal matters, such as divorce, foreclosure, bankruptcy, etc.
- Q. Will you check my credit score?
- A. SFI does do a credit check during the application process, but we are not a credit-based leasing company. We look at numerous considerations when reviewing applications – your ability to lease a truck from SFI is not based solely on your credit score.
- Q. Can I purchase a truck from SFI?
- A. SFI leases trucks. However, at the end of your lease, you will have the option to pay the remaining balance on the truck and become the owner of it. Our TRAC lease also allows clients the option to pay off in full before the lease ends (fees may apply).
- Q. What is the down payment requirement to lease a truck?
- A. The down payment requirement varies based on what type of truck a client leases and what carrier they lease-on with. However, SFI works with clients to determine a down payment they can afford, including low or no money-down options.
- Q. How long does a truck lease last?
- A. Leases last one to three years, depending on what type of truck is leased.
- Q. What is the buyout amount at the end of a lease?
- A. Clients have many different options when their lease ends. They may have the option to pay the residual balance and own the truck, finance the truck to extend the lease and continue paying it down or turn the truck in and upgrade to a new one.
- Q. How much will my truck payment be?
- A. SFI clients make weekly truck payments that are dependent on what type of truck they choose to lease.
- Q. What types of trucks does SFI lease?
- A. SFI’s inventory consists of brand new and gently used tractors for both Van and Tanker owner-operators. Our options include Freightliners, Kenworths, Peterbilts, Volvos and Internationals. Trucks come with warranty protection and industry-leading specs.
- Q. Do I have to lease-on with Schneider as an SFI client?
- A. SFI clients can choose whichever carrier they want to lease-on with, including Schneider.
- Q. How do I fill out an application?
- A. You can fill out an application here.
The process of leasing a semi-truck through SFI is stress-free, thanks to the support and resources your Account Administrator can provide. Take the next step by checking out our vast inventory of truck options and filling out an application